Open position: Executive Assistant
The Executive Assistant provides support to the HQ executive team, including the President, and serves as liaison to the Board of Directors. In addition, the position fulfills a wide range of general office and administrative support functions to help ensure a highly organized and efficient work environment for a diverse office.
The Executive Assistant will work collaboratively with the Executive Leadership and Development team to coordinate local and international meetings and events ensuring impeccable implementation and consistently applied best practices.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Executive Assistant include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule appointments, maintain President’s calendar and other Executive team members, as requested
- Manages phone calls for the President and other executive staff, ensuring effective communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image
- Arrange travel plans and prepare travel itineraries for President and Executive team, and assist with trip follow-up
- Prepare timesheets, expense reports, credit card reconciliations, per diem requests, and provide research support for President and Executive team in a timely manner
- As requested, prepare presentation materials for President
- Works closely with the Office Coordinator in performing a wide range of administrative task necessary to meet the needs of the President and other executive members
- Handle confidential matters with a high level of confidentiality and discretion and demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
General Office Support
- Coordinate travel arrangements and prepare itineraries for staff
- Coordinate staff international meetings and events, including agendas, logistics, reservations, conference room and audio visual equipment set-up, set-up of conference calls, preparation of materials, catering or refreshments as needed, and compilation and distribution of meeting notes, if requested
- Support and manage customized donor related events and trips, that help to advance fundraising strategies in support of the Development team, including coordinating guest list; RSVP tracking; arrange logistics with field office; prepare and distribute info packet; be POC for travelers by answering any questions and addressing concerns; manage trip budget; prepare trip-related invoices; and event follow-up
- Manage and implement multiple projects, including managing events budget, setting deadlines and ensuring accountability
- Support other team members as needed
- Serve as a back-up to the Office Coordinator
Support to the Board of Directors
- Coordinate Board meetings, including agendas, logistics, reservations, conference room and audio visual equipment set-up, set-up of conference calls, preparation of presentation materials, catering or refreshments as needed
- Compile and distribute Board information packets
- Attend Board meetings, record, transcribe and distribute meeting minutes within two weeks of Board meetings
- Keep Board of Directors lists and Board biographical information current
- Respond to inquiries and requests from Board members
- Schedule Board committee conference calls
- In coordination with Executive team, send welcome materials and ACT’s policies to new Board member. Ensures that policies are signed and returned to office for compliance and filing
- Coordinate Board dinners, and related events
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum three years of directly relevant experience, ideally in a nonprofit environment
- Experience managing and implementing multiple projects
- Experience in all aspects of events planning, including invitation and event collateral creation, vendor sourcing and management, guest list development, RSVP tracking and post event follow-up
- Experience using written and oral communication, negotiation and organizational skills
- Experience planning staff, donor or board member travel a plus
- Native-level English speaker
- Knowledge of written and spoken Spanish
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task with acute attention to detail; excellent organizational and administrative skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Domestic and international travel may be required.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Amazon Conservation Team
Established in 1996, the Amazon Conservation Team (ACT), a mid-sized U.S.-based nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, works in partnership with indigenous people to conserve biodiversity, improve health, and strengthen traditional cultures in Amazonia. Currently, ACT conducts projects in Colombia, Suriname and Brazil.